Sunday, September 10, 2006

WHOOPS

Well I set off the church alarm tonight. I could just leave it like that and leave a big ? in all of your minds, but i'll tell. I came in, thought I turned it off, but apparently I didn't..do it the right way.. and some sensor went off that gives a little signal to mr "poe poe"...aka..the cops. I mean the thing stopped beeping and i thought I disarmed the thing..oh well..So the cops roll in and find my car pulled up on the sidewalk by the church door ( it's where i park at night so i don't have to walk all the way back to my car). So my car is pulled up on the sidewalk, next to the door as these cops roll up. I didn't think anything of it as I was sitting at my desk..i saw the lights pull up through my blinds.. but just figured that somebody was turning around in the parking lot. ( I'd like to add that I still don't have a New Jersey plate on my car so i'm sure that made it look a bit more fishy being that it wasn't parked in a parking spot and right next to the church) So..a few seconds roll on..then i hear..the door creep open...at this point I thought the person had turned around and left..so i had no clue what was going on with this door buisness...i hear it creep..and immediately stop typing on my computer and kinda freeze..my eyes dart quickly to the left and i'm like..hmmm..i start to think of all the Chuck Norris movies in my head and I come up with a few moves in case I need them..well then the door opens all the way and the cop walks in at a steady pace. My light is on so he turns his head and says can you please tell me what your doing here...and i just want to say.."oh sorry officer i broke into the church to use this here laptop i'll be done in a second" Well I go on and tell him i work for the church and he goes "oh you work here"....and i say yes sir..and he goes, "it's interesting you would make the commute all the way from PA according to your plate on your car to come to work"...and i'm like..well i just started here ( I could tell at this point he totally wanted to bust me..but I was so in the drivers seat)..so he was like do you have any ID..of course I didn't have my wallet with me that had my NJ liscense in it..but I showed him my car insurace which had the address of where I was living..and then i thought for a minute that since I didn't have photo ID, i was gonna be in doo doo..but then showed him my keys and all to the church and i talked to him a bit about what i did and all..and he was like "well you sound like a pretty nice guy, and being that you work for the church and all I believe you..i don't think you'd lie or anything...so I say well i'm not perfect, but i can tell you for sure i work here...then I look at him and yell real loud ( NOW GET THE HECK OUT OF MY OFFICE)..ok that part was a lie...but the rest of this was not.. So..after we chat the whole thing kinda calms down and I dip out and go back home..NUTS...oh well..here's to the next day...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Brandon I love reading your blog. I don't know if anyone else is reading it, since I'm the only person who ever comments but I freaking love reading your blog. This story was hillarious! I got out of ticket once from an officer who asked me what I did for a living and when I told him I was a youth pastor he was like....oh I'm sorry you can go ahead, just keep it down a little.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home