Monday, November 13, 2006

The Harvest is ripe

So i've been having some great convos about faith and life with the people i'm in this community theatre with. The Lord is just opening my eyes to the ripe harvest right here where I am. I've been convicted more and more of it every day. I think my perspective was all messed up before, but now i'm seeing things in a new light. He's been showing me my selfishness in the area of "mission work". I've always had a burden and a heart to minister to other cultures, so much so that I think I tend to overlook the one I am currently in. I have been humbled recently. In a recent e-mail, I got this:

"Was Jesus a man or a myth? I don't know. I am unconvinced by both arguments. I find the constant Christian assertions that Jesus is as well attested to as any figure in history to be laughable. Nothing was recorded about Jesus the man until he was no longer a man, if he ever had been".

This person and I have been having great conversation recently. I'm not downplaying the role of international mission work. If it were not for that, the gospel would not be reaching areas of the world that would otherwise be untouched. I am just saying that I am realizing that God's call to love Him and love people transcends all cultures. I've been rethinking, how I go about ministering in the culture i'm in. The Lord has shaken me up, and has showed me my selfishness in areas I thought I had a grasp on. Sanctification is pretty cool as it plays itself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home