Friday, November 17, 2006

Counting The Cost

As most of you probably know this is the year for the video game system outburst again. Sony is coming out with Playstation 3 ..and Nintendo is fighting back with their newest system...I can't remember the name. Anyway, last night I was hanging out with some students, and there were 2 in particular who happened to be talking about the Nintendo one and how they wanted to get it, but they didn't have a ride to go pick one up the day they came out. Apparently if you don't get them right away you have to wait for months. So I thought to myself..wow this could be a good time of being relational..and a good time to hang and talk with these guys a bit. So I offered to give them a ride to go get in on this madness. Well it turns out to have a realistic shot of getting one you have to be there when the stores open..( 6 AM). However that doesn't mean you can just "show up" at 6 and walk in and get one...no not the case at all. See you have to wait in line...a line that starts forming hours before the stores open...a line that my students think they need to be in at 2:00 AM!!!!!!!!!!!! So I thought about this for a minute..the main thought being "how am I going to explain this to my wife"..then I thought..this will definitely be a "memory making moment" for these guys...so I talked to Ashley..she laughed and gave me a "don't even think about waking me up stare"...and i'm gonna do it. So this Sunday..2:00 AM...I will be waiting outside Best Buy..then we'll head out to breakfast..and then to church. All I can say is..there better be 2 of those things left for my guys when we get to the front of the line...or you may just see me on the headlines of nightly news casts everywhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

how'd it go? did they get one?

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home