Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Night at Best Buy

Well the Nintendo experience was quite interesting. We rolled up to Best Buy at around 3:30 AM. At this point I thought the store opened at 7:00...only to find it didn't open till..9:00. The line had already started..there were probably 2 tents...and a bunch of sleeping bags..and people sitting in lawn chairs playing poker and what not. They came out and gave each person a ticket that said "Wii" on it....up to 78 people. The rest were turned away..and offered $50 off an XBox 360...however I found out once we got in that they actually had 50 more systems..they were just saving them for Black Friday. It was kind of chaotic once we got inside. If you had a ticket you were golden..you just had to go wait in a long line to pay for it. So the plan was the guy's would go wait in the line, and I would make the mad dash to the game section. Now most of you know what a mosh pit is..well insert a mosh pit from a Deaf Tones concert into a small corner of Best Buy..and that's what you had. We were all on a mission and that was to GET ZELDA. These boys wanted Zelda! Being that i'm a bit lower to the ground then a good chunk of the population it was easy to kind of nudge my way into the line. I basically let the crowd of people push me to the front..and I used a good box out technique that I learned in Jr. High basketball..( props to Mr. Lester) Once they brought a new shipment of Zelda I grabbed two of them..turned around and pushed my way back out of line. For some reason this particular Best Buy was only putting out a certain amount of specific games that day. I went over to the boys..gave them their games..and we waited in line to finish off the morning. They are priced pretty well compared to the other systems...although I didn't buy one..it was a good time. I caught up on some sleep..now i'm ready to go back home and enjoy some Turkey with the folks in Beaver County...gotta love going back to the promised land...yee haww.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what kind of gaming time do you get now that you've put so much of your heart and soul into getting your hands on this system?

5:02 AM  
Blogger Brandon Zangus said...

ha...none..I didn't buy one..I was there for moral support

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a madman, Wangus! I wish I had been there to see you "box out". When did you learn to do THAT?

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home